Dave joined Weichert Realtors - King Realty Group in Dec. 2010.
The WEICHERT REALTORS - King Realty Group of Fort Smith is changing the way real estate is done in the Greater Fort Smith, Arkansas market. The Real Estate Agents at KRG strive to provide the absolute best in customer service by providing accurate and timely information as it relates to buying and selling in the Greater Fort Smith area.
Our mortgage calculators can provide easy access to monthly payments on a new home loan or how effective it can be to pay an additional $100/month on your current mortgage.
Let us help you stay up-to-date with the most recent mortgage rates:
Don't forget to search the latest listings on everything available in the Greater Fort Smith area on our MLS advanced search tool.
Thanks for making the WEICHERT REALTORS - King Realty Group the fastest growing real estate company in the Greater Fort Smith area.
Traci Tabakian, agent at Weichert Realtors thought this article from Realor.com might be useful to you and would love to be your Realtor®...
"All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR "®" logo on the business card or other marketing and sales literature. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reports that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a REALTOR®.
But if you're still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR®, here are a dozen more reasons to use one:
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power -- that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give a REALTOR® some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, he or she can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders -- banks and mortgage companies -- offer limited choices.
2. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
3. Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. Agents who are REALTORS® have access to a variety of informational resources. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning. schools, etc. There are two things you'll want to know. First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate. There are myriad negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your REALTOR®, title company or attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
8. When selling your home, your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
9. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. Often, your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. In many markets across the country, over 50% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer. Your REALTOR® acts as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR® Code of Ethics requires REALTORS® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
10. Your REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
11. Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing -- a lot of possible pitfalls. Your REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
12. Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement)."
WEICHERT, REALTORS® - King Realty Group
3920 Rogers Avenue
Fort Smith, Arkansas 72903
IMMEDIATE RELEASE Press Contact: Marty Morgan
KING REALTY GROUP BRINGS WEICHERT® BRAND NAME, EXPANDED SERVICES TO MARKET
WEICHERT, REALTORS® - King Realty Group is ‘still independently owned and operated…with national support, resources and even more Internet exposure…’ – Broker/Owner Kevin King
Fort Smith, Arkansas, December 27, 2010—King Realty Group, the Fort Smith agency that became the no. 1 company in the market on its third anniversary, is now a member of Weichert Real Estate Affiliates (WREA).
Broker/Owner Kevin King and Co-Owner Elizabeth King have announced the company’s step up to the franchise arena as newly-named WEICHERT, REALTORS® - King Realty Group with an emphatic two-part message for clients and the real estate community. “First, we are still independently owned and operated,” Kevin King said, “important for people to know that the only way we’ve changed is to get better.”
Further, he said that “with national support, agent training and other resources, and even more Internet exposure with Weichert’s award-winning Internet presence, we will surpass our own goals as a technology and education based company.”
The WEICHERT, REALTORS® - King Realty Group sign will be up shortly after the official January 1, 2011 opening at 3920 Rogers Avenue, just down the street from the current location, telephone 479-242-4000. The Kings have purchased the building with room to grow its now 30-agent population. An ambitious recruiting campaign will be announced soon.
High performance agency steps up to national franchise as WEICHERT, REALTORS® - King Realty Group 2-2-2
In addition to Weichert’s technology and what King sees as their “business model with no loss of focus on relationships,” he made note of the organization’s all-Realtor foundation. From founder Jim Weichert to Weichert Affiliates President Martin J. Rueter and the entire management staff, the team is made up of people who have been in the field as Realtors, Brokers, office owners, managers and sales people who were rooted or reared in real estate.
President Rueter joined in the announcement saying, “We are impressed with the way this company has soared to its place in the market with young, forward-thinking leadership and a client-centric philosophy that is in sync with our own, and are pleased to welcome them into the Weichert family.”
The first WREA franchised office was launched in January 2002 and by 2005 was identified by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the fastest growing franchises in the nation. To date, affiliates have opened in nearly 300 markets in 35 states. Together with company-owned offices, some 18,000 agents serve key markets throughout the U.S. The parent company, Weichert, Realtors®, is one of the nation’s largest privately owned providers of real estate and home ownership services.
The organization’s one-stop shopping offers mortgage and insurance services, an award-winning Internet lead-generation platform and a multinational relocation company among its many services to the consumer. It is also known for support to agents and managers, providing in-person local training and extensive online education, in addition to marketing support and a REALTOR® recruitment system.
King Realty Group brings Weichert® brand to market 3-3-3
For more information about the Weichert Family of Companies, Weichert's customer service center can be reached at 1-800-USA-SOLD or at Weichert's Web site, www.weichert.com. Each Weichert franchised office is independently owned and operated.
About Kevin King
Kevin King became a Realtor in July of 2002 following seven years in the Internet and communications business with companies like IPA.net, OneMain.com, Earthlink and Newroads Telecom. With his wife and partner/Realtor Elizabeth King, the company set out to make a name for itself for using the latest technology available to Realtors® to maximize customer service to the client.
Both Kevin and Elizabeth are from Fort Smith and have lived in the Fort Smith area most of their lives. Kevin holds designations as Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) and Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) and is a Graduate of the Arkansas Realtors® Leadership Academy (GRLA). He went from Fort Smith Board of Realtors "2003 Rookie of the Year" to "2006 Realtor of the Year." He is currently the Board’s Vice-President and Chairman of the MLS Committee, as well as a member of the Arkansas Realtors® Association Professional Standards and Grievance Committee.
Kevin King can be reached at 479-242-4000.
Press contact is Marty Morgan, 818-997-6612, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For football fans planning their Thanksgiving celebrations, it’s very important to catch those Thanksgiving Day games. Use this list of November 25 game times and networks when you sit down post-turkey to relax and cheer on your team.
12:30 PM ET (11:30 AM CT) on CBS – Detroit Lions vs. New England Patriots
4:15 PM ET (3:15 PM CT) on FOX – Dallas Cowboys vs. New Orleans Saints
8:20 PM ET (7:20 PM CT) on the NFL Network – NY Jets vs. Cincinnati Bengals
For more information, visit the NFL Thanksgiving website.
Early risers and children might be more interested in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, which will air on NBC at 9 AM in all time zones. This year’s featured guests include Kanye West, Arlo Guthrie, Gladys Knight, Big Time Rush, Victoria Justice and performances from Broadway shows American Idiot, Elf, Memphis, and Million Dollar Quartet.
Another restaurant has made it to Fort Smith—Beef ‘O’ Brady’s! It’s a family sports pub-style restaurant and is the third in the state (the others in Bentonville and Maumelle).
Co-owner Kim Didier discovered the franchise in Fort Myers, Florida and says she “just loved the concept” of the restaurant. So, when Didier returned home in early July, there was no hesitation in breaking ground on the new Fort Smith location.
The restaurant is strategically located between Fort Smith and Greenwood at 12200 U.S. 71 S. at the base of Rye Hill. The Didier’s hope to cater to local youth sports and, instead of advertising, the restaurant plans to give a percentage of their proceeds to youth sports programs in the area.
Young athletes will love the ambiance at Beef ‘O’ Brady’s—they have an arcade, a private dining room that seats 35 and a restaurant space that seats 180. In addition, they have 27 TVs, with individual TVs in each booth and large ones on the walls.
The restaurant's grand opening was Monday, November 15. Food at Beef ‘O’ Brady’s includes burgers, 12 different flavors of chicken wings, steaks, soups, salads and wraps, and a full bar. Most of the kid’s menu items are under $10.
To contact the Fort Smith location of Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, call (479) 646-9464. For a menu, pricing and more, visit the franchise’s website.
In just a few weeks, lucky Fort Smith residents will receive an elegant performance by Five By Design. Alongside the Fort Smith Symphony, the group will perform a special holiday concert that’s sure to bring joy and holiday spirit to Fort Smith.
Minnesota-based Five By Design is a nationally acclaimed vocal quintet that has performed with many symphony orchestras and performing arts groups. The members are Lorie Carpenter-Niska, Sheridan Zuther, Kurt Niska, Michael Swedberg and Terrence Niska. Four of these members began singing together in 1986. In its debut season, their flagship production Radio Days was named “one of the best pops performances of the season,” by The Washington Post.
Their Fort Smith performance will be on December 4, 2010 at 7:30 p.m. at the Arkansas Best Corporation Performing Art Center. Tickets for individuals range from $15 to $35.
Since Halloween falls on a Sunday this year, there is some confusion as to when to dress the kiddos up and send them out for candy. In Fort Smith…
Remember, be safe and have a spectacularly scary Halloween!
On November 6, 2010, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes will be hosting it's 3rd annual River Valley Run. This year a 5K, 10K,
half marathon, and a half marathon relay will be offered. The runs will begin at Fort Chaffee at 8:00am. It isn't too late to get registered.
5K - $25
($35.00 after October 15, 2010)
10K - $25.00
($35.00 after October 15, 2010)
Half Marathon - $40
($55.00 after October 15, 2010)
HM 2 person relay - $30 each ($60 per team)
($40 each after October 15, 2010)
This year the packet will include a shirt for the first 350 paid runners along with your goody bag. After 10-15-2010, sizes are not guaranteed.
Packets may be picked up at Gellco Outdoors, 4600 So. Zero, Fort Smith, Friday, November 5 from 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
For more information about the FCA River Valley Run, contact Jane Plummer at email@example.com or call 479-649-8815.
Fort Smith homeowners may be in for a real shocker come April. In an effort to help balance the over-bloated budget, the President will recommend that the federal tax deduction on interest paid on your primary home mortgage be eliminated. The Wall Street Journal reported Monday that the White House contends that this deduction, in conjunction with child tax credits and the ability of employees to pay their portion of their health insurance tab with pretax dollars, costs the government $1 trillion a year. President Barack Obama created the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform in February, amid concern from lawmakers and economists that the growing budget deficit could damage the country's long-term fiscal condition. This bipartisan commission, which is made up of mostly lawmakers, is not expected to reach any decisions before the upcoming mid-term elections.
So, how does this really effect me, you ask? Let's use an average Fort Smith home sale of $135,000. Assuming that you finance it for 30 years at an interst rate of 4.25% and you are in the highest federal tax bracket, you will pay approximately $5693 your first year as a Fort Smith homeowner. Because of the current tax laws, you will have a tax savings of $2236 that first year. To figure your tax savings, try this calculator.
This could be devastating to the housing market, which is a local and national stabilizer to our economy. The effects could be far reaching and potentially devastating not only to Fort Smith homeowners but all homeowners nationally.
If you haven’t been yet you’d better go soon! Second Street Live, Fort Smith’s newest artistic endeavor, has burst on the scene and has plenty to offer. Since early September, Second Street Live has been rocking downtown Fort Smith with lively and diverse performances, and there's more to come!
Second Street Live’s mission statement says they’ll strive “to provide excellence and diversity in the performing and visual arts for the citizens and visitors in Fort Smith, Arkansas. By serving Artists, Audience and Community we will contribute to our Quality of Place by leaving a legacy of arts and culture for generations to come.” That’s exactly what they’re doing so far—arts and culture are in abundant supply at 101 N 2nd Street, just blocks away from Riverfront Park.
Second Street Live is packed with performances with a calendar boasting dates until March of next year and more to come. Also on the schedule—workshops and outreach programs for presentations both in area schools and at the theater. Second Street Live offers a conclusive website where you can learn more about upcoming events and performances and purchase tickets online.
In November, performances include Jim Cosgrove & The Hiccups, Switchback, and Will Mendenhall. Visit SecondStreetLive.com for more information!
Excitement is growing as July 4, Independence Day, approaches, but it’s important to balance fun and safety on this holiday. The National Council on Fireworks Safety, whose mission is to educate the public on the safe and responsible use of consumer fireworks so as to eliminate injuries, offers these tips for firework safety.
Another thing to consider on the 4th is the safety of your pets. Often times animals are irritated, distressed or overexcited by fireworks displays and the noise and commotion that comes with them.
Dr. Gwen Ray, a veterinarian with All Animal Health Center, says that since fireworks displays are usually planned, pet owners can take necessary precautions to keep pets calm and safe.
“The predictability helps, unlike thunderstorms where you don’t know (when they are going to happen),” Ray said. “Certainly do not leave them outside alone at this time. You can prevent it.”
Ray added that pets tend to follow the lead of their owners when it comes to hectic and exciting situations like fireworks.
“If the owners are being upbeat and happy, the dog tends to be that way. It’s really amazing how your behavior makes all the difference in the world. When you’re afraid, they’re afraid; or when you think they’re afraid and start pitying them, that’s how they start acting,” Ray said.
According to the Humane Society of the United States, destruction and escaping seem to be two of the most common behavioral problems associated with the holiday. Ray believes the panic causes a lot of dogs to try and escape an area, even if it is a familiar one.
To protect your pets on Independence Day, take these precautions offered by the HSUS: