Believe it or not, most real estate agents understand why homeowners choose to try selling their home on their own.
However, you might consider a few of these points:
- Realtors sell dozens of homes yearly and are experienced in how to overcome most obstacles that may arise.
- If you are at work, who is going to show the house or answer the calls you may get from potential buyers? How about qualifying buyers to make sure they can get a loan to buy the house.
- The National Association of Realtors (NAR) shows that over 70% of FSBO eventually list with an agent. You might benefit from interviewing agents ahead of time so you know who you would use without a longer delay in the home be marketed by a professional.
- Most buyers contact an agent first when searching for a home. Consider co-operating with local agents at a reduced commission if they successfully bring a buyer. Usually 3-4% commission will motivate most agents.
- Buyers know that FSBO’s are trying to save the commission and feel like they can negotiate more with a FSBO because they are “saving” the commission. Only one party can save the commission. NAR stats show that a Realtor will get 13%+ more money for the home than the FSBO.
- Realtors know the market but make sure that your agent can give you specific comparable sales in the market to help establish the right price. Factors also to be considered are the time on market and pricing related to market value to increase or decrease time on the market.
Call one of our real estate professionals today to discuss your next home sell.
We offer a no cost market analysis to help you establish what you may be able to expect related to price AND time on the market.