Considerations of Selling a Home In Greater Fort Smith
Purchase Agreements/Offer & Acceptance
Once a buyer and seller reach an agreement on price an terms, each has specific tasks that must be completed. Typically in Arkansas, there are two standard contingencies that protect both buyer and seller.
The first option is a financing contingency.
With this contingency, a buyer has 5 business days (typically) to complete a loan application and apply for financing at a lending institution.
The second contingency is the inspection. This contingency specifies that the property is inspected to the buyer’s approval eith on their own or with the assistance of a professional inspector but must be completed with 10 business days of the offer & acceptance agreement being completed.
Questions to ask your next realtor:
- What professional designations have you earned?
- How many years have you been in the business?
- Do you provide a home display book for prospective buyers?
- What is your average days on the market per listing sold?
- What is your average list-to-sales price ratio?
- What types of report forms do you provide to sellers?
- Will you be marketing within my neighborhood?
- May I see a sample property brochure?
- What is your written marketing plan?
- May I see your resume?
- How many homes have you sold?
- Have you sold many homes in my area?